I’ve finally located the embed code so that I can share the video of the Internet of Things panel session I moderated at last fall’s GigaOm Mobilize 2011 conference. The panel featured some of America’s Internet of Things heavyweights:
- Bill Geiser, CEO, Metawatch – leads development community connecting smartphones to beautiful, intelligent wrist watches
- Bo Begole, Principal Scientist, Xerox PARC – leads Ubiquitous Computing group
- Ted Ladd, Ecosystem Director, WIMM Labs – makers of wrist-worn computers
- David Rose, CEO Vitality, Inc. – makers of the Glo-Cap smart pill bottle & Instructor, MIT Media Lab
In this 40 minute discussion, we explore these questions:
- What applications will drive adoption of the Internet of Things?
- Tech barriers: What needs to be developed or enhanced?
- Non-Tech barriers: What business and social issues stand in the way?
- Crystal Ball: In five years, what can we assume and what will that enable?
mobilize2011 on livestream.com. Broadcast Live Free